SONOMA PETALUMA PARKS, Inc., formerly known as Sonoma/Petaluma State Historic Parks Association, is a non-profit organization incorporated in June, 1982 as a cooperating association of the California State Park Association.
To further the interpretive and educational functions of the Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks.
The Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks are highly visible, nationally recognized destinations for authentic re-telling of the people and events from California history.
The primary purpose of the Association is to preserve and interpret our State Historic Parks. Through our efforts we have contributed toward a number of major improvements to the Mission, Soldiers' Barracks, Vallejo Home, Las Casa Grande Courtyard, and Petaluma Adobe.
- Provide authentic historical interpretation
- Maintain park infrastructure for future generations
- Educate children of all ages
- Enrich our community through events and activities
We provide financial support for training and maintaining an active docent program. We sponsor annual park events including Children's Day at the Mission, Victorian Holiday Crafts Faire, Christmas at the Mission, Sheep Shearing Day, Fandango and Living History Day. Throughout the year we sponsor a Concert Series and Lectures in the Mission Chapel and other special events.
Beside the satisfaction of participation in a worthy effort, members receive:
- 20% discount in our gift shops
- $5.00 discount at sponsore concerts and lectures
- Quarterly issues of the Gazette
- Voting privileges in the Association
- Opportunity to participate in sponsored park programs